Making flower arrangements from dried flowers is a really fun and rewarding hobby that many people enjoy. This blog post will give you some helpful tips, tricks, and ideas for how to get started.
What You Need
To make your own dried flower arrangements, you will need:
- A variety of flowers and leaves in different colors and sizes
- String or twine
- A vase or other container
- Raffia (optional)
Preparing the Dried Flowers
If you are using fresh flowers, start by cutting the stems at an angle and then stripping away any leaves that will be below the water line. Next, fill a vase or jar with lukewarm water and add a floral preservative. This will help your flowers last longer. Finally, arrange your flowers in the vase or jar as you desire and enjoy.
If you are using dried flowers, the first thing is to rehydrate them. Simply place the dried flowers in a vase or jar of lukewarm water and let them sit for about an hour. This will bring them back to life and they will be ready to use in your arrangement. Just like with fresh flowers, arrange your flowers in the vase or jar however you like and enjoy.
How to Make the Arrangement
When looking for a way to add a touch of nature to your home décor, dried flower arrangements are the perfect solution. Whether you choose to display them in a vase or hanging on a wall, these arrangements are sure to add some beauty to your space. Here is how they are surprisingly easy to make:
1. Start by selecting the flowers you want to use. You can dry just about any type of flower, so feel free to get creative! Just keep in mind that some flowers will retain their color better than others.
2. Once you have chosen your flowers, it is time to prep them for drying. Start by trimming the stems and removing any leaves. Then, place the flowers in a vase or container filled with silica gel beads. These beads will help absorb moisture and keep your flowers looking fresh.
3. Allow the flowers to dry for 24-48 hours before removing them from the container. After they have dried, you can arrange them however you like.
4. To prolong the life of your arrangement, keep it out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources. With proper care, your arrangement should last for several weeks or even months.
What You Do With the Flower Arrangement
After you have arranged your flowers in the vase, you will want to take care of them so they last as long as possible. Here are a few tips on how to do that:
- Make sure the vase is clean before adding water. This will help prevent bacteria from growing and shorten the life of the arrangement.
- Change the water every few days, or as needed. murky water can cause bacteria to grow and shorten the life of the flowers.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to the water. This will help nourish the flowers and make them last longer.
- Keep the arrangement out of direct sunlight. Too much sun can cause the flowers to fade quickly.
- Check for any dead or dying flowers and remove them promptly. This will help keep the arrangement looking fresh for longer.